Who doesn't like ice cream? Well, I should say I "like" it, not LOVE it. I always feel so full and fat and just go into a sugar coma when I eat it, probably because of my insulin resistance. This recipe is great for Mothers who want to limit their children's sugar intake, or their husbands! So, when I came across this "No guilt" Ice Cream, I knew I had to try it. Let's get started!
Here's what we need:
- 4 Bananas cut into slices and frozen
- 2 t of dutch process cocoa powder (use regular cocoa powder if you have trouble finding the dutch process like I did - it will be ok)
- 2T of peanut butter
- Food processor
After you have frozen the banana slices, put them into the food processor and start grinding them up. DO NOT FREEZE WHOLE BANANAS - you wont be able to grind them up that big! You will notice that it becomes kind of gravely (which is ok). You may have to open the food processor up and scrape the sides several times. Keep running the food processor until you have a whipped mixture.
Put in the cocoa and the peanut butter and keep mixing until it is all mixed together. You can eat it right away, or put it in the freezer so it becomes more frozen.
I would give this a definite thumbs up!
- Use a larger food processor. I only have a small one (I've had a big one on my list to pick up, but keep forgetting). It was hard to fit everything in the small one, and the bananas on top kept getting stuck on top. That's why you can see my ice cream has some lumps and bumps in it, although I won't mind, I love bananas!
- After you have mastered this, I would suggest trying different variations like: adding flaxseed, adding other fruit to go with the bananas like berries, adding Greek yogurt, using crunchy peanut butter and other mix ins.
- Tell me what mix in's you look forward to trying!
“Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.”
― Don Kardong
― Don Kardong