SqABQ2vaBiRwOmiKY86G4RLCZRM

Friday, August 9, 2013

Wonderful Zucchini Bread



                                  

           

Bake the Day away... is one of my favorite things to do, and although I didn't have a ton of time today, I still managed to get one thing prepped and in the oven, whew! I had some zucchini in the fridge I had to use, or throw away and that was just NOT an option. So, what better treat to make than some zucchini bread!? And of course, I used my Amish patterned vintage Pyrex set, so it was a great day :)

I took pieces of this recipe from a few different ones I had, and I think it turned out great. So here is what you will need:
  • 3 cups of shredded zucchini (2-3 medium)
  • 1 2/3 cups of sugar
  • 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves OR 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (or heck, a little of each!)
  • Either on 9x5in loaf pan, or two 8x4in loaf pans
Now let's get started:
PREP: Move oven rack to the bottom setting. This is so the top of the pan is in the middle of the oven, and the top of the bread doesn't get too hard. Preheat oven to 350, Grease bottom of pans with shortening or cooking spray 

1. Grate zucchini. Stir in sugar, vanilla, oil and eggs until mixed well. Then stir in rest of ingredients. 

2. Split batter between the two pans, or pour into the one pan

3. If you use the 2 8in pans, bake about 55 minutes, using the 9in pan, you should bake 1 hour 10 minutes. I highly suggest you watch them carefully once 50 minutes hits, as it will depend on your oven as to how long they need to be in there. 

4. Loosen the sides and remove from loaf pan. Place top side up on cooling rack. Cool and devour! Very good slightly warm with a bit of butter! And what better way to use those giant garden zucchinis you see at the farmers market, or in your garden!?

“The measuring and mixing always smoothed out her thinking processes - nothing was as calming as creaming butter - and when the kitchen was warm from the oven overheating and the smell of baking chocolate, she took final stock of where she'd been and where she was going. Everything was fine.” 
― Jennifer CrusieMaybe This Time

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Hey

    That bread looks amazing, I really want to try your recipe out! Hopefully once I am back on my feet I will get a chance. I have nominated you for the Liebster award 2013! For more details about the award check out my blog post all about the Liebster award :') www.vintagestrawb.blogspot.co.uk

    Love ♡
    Rach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! So mice to meet you!! I am now following you wherever I can!! LOL!!
    Thanks so much for following me!!
    I will be adding your party to my Party list of weekly link ups and i am adding your blog to my Blog Lists. See you at the party!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Our linky party is now active, so stop on by to link up!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Looks great! I'll have to add this one to my rotation of breads! Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! Feel free to join our linky party, it is now active!

      Delete