SqABQ2vaBiRwOmiKY86G4RLCZRM

Monday, December 31, 2012

My New Year - things I want to do, but don't want to call "resolutions"



My 2013 New Years..... things I want to do but don't want to call "resolutions"

You know, the word "resolution" sounds a bit... sad to me some how. Using it makes me feel like I was a failure somehow in the previous year... and I don't think that is really true :). Having moved my husband and I out to the "country", started our antique business, started this blog, and much more, I feel I accomplished a lot... but what do I want to do in 2013.... well let me think...

I'd like to increase our family by 1 (need hubby's help on this one :))
  To increase sales at our Antique Booth
  To lose some weight
  To get my craft room set up and beautifully
  To grow my blog
  To try a slue of new recipes
  To have a whole year of loving what I do and doing what I love
  To learn something new
  To teach something to someone
  To read at least 3 books
  To bid and win on at least ONE storage unit at a storage auction
  To be a better couponer
  To craft, craft, craft
  To do some volunteer work


Now, if I try to tell myself, that is a complete list, I will be kidding myself! But what's the harm in adding things later?  

I think I have two items on that list that are the utmost important to me.... actually, let's not joke... I KNOW this! 
Loving what I do is a big one.... I spent years and years working because I need money, instead of working on something I love, and making money while I do it. So this year, I am going to do whatever it takes to do what I love and love what I do, because I refuse to spend another year, not.
And of course, the "increasing our family by one" is HUGE. Let's call it what it is people, it's my biological clock ticking ticking ticking. When I see a baby, I want it. Luckily when I joke that I am going to take it, my FRIENDS laugh and usually offer for me to TAKE it, for at least one night! Ha! (I am not dumb enough to make this joke to a stranger - they might be scared! :) 
So these two are at the top of the list... but all are important... and I think I'll start now.... 

Have a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year... and all year. 


"Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word."
Goran Persson, former Prime Minister of Sweden

2 comments:

  1. Well I can help you with one of these things. I would like more information about antique malls, shops so I can possibly get set up in one of them. Where is your booth? I really need to start selling some things this year, rather than giving everything to my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Karen,
      We take part in a mall in Howell, MI
      www.livingstonantiqueoutlet.com
      All antique malls vary in size and price. I have found prices as low as $75 in rent per month, and up to $250 in rent per month. Then they take a % of your commission as well. Usually somewhere between 8-10% (again, this will vary place to place). as far as I can tell from what I have seen on your site, your stuff would FLY out the door! Let me know if you have any questions that I didnt answer or have more :)

      Delete