SqABQ2vaBiRwOmiKY86G4RLCZRM

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Cuss Jar craft!

Well.... with a little one in the family now, everyone needs to watch their mouths as from time to time (and don't lie - everyone is guilty at some point!), a naughty word slips! I really wanted to make a fun, silly, but useful craft for my cousin - who is a lot like a sister to me for Christmas (and she has an amazing 2 1/2 year old boy. A couple times, when a naughty word has slipped (by someone in the family) while the little one was around, she had mentioned that she wanted to start a cuss jar, but was looking for something fun to have on the counter instead of just a plain ole bucket.  Since we are a family of vintage nuts, I looked around for a big enough Mason Jar that would be good to make this fun craft out of! Now, I am a Antique LOVER - we will get more into that about me later, but I wanted a big and very clean mason jar, so I grabbed this wide mouth Ball jar at Hobby Lobby. I pondered on the design for a bit, and while shopping at my favorite store in our humble little downtown one day, found a rusty star topper for mason jars! I knew this would work perfectly for slipping in quarters, or even dollars if its an exceptionally busy week for the Cuss jar :) - take a look at my finds for this craft:


 
 
After popping on these two great little finds - I grabbed some red and white star ribbon that I had purchased from Michael's last July, and thought that would give it a pretty "pop" of color. I also found some white and blue stripped scrapbook paper that I liked, grabbed my glue gun, scissors and twine and went to work!
I make a little "tag" of sorts with the fun scrapbook paper and ribbon that says $.25 per swear and tied it around the mouth of the jar. I stenciled the word "Cuss Jar" onto a small piece of the paper, and glued that to a piece of the ribbon, so that the ribbon is showing around it, and hot glued that to the jar, and whooola! Check out the finished product below! I can say that it was a big hit with everyone when she opened it the other night during our early Christmas for the little one! If you are looking for a fun, easy and unique idea for a gift for someone with little ones... this is it!
 



Have fun! Everyone loves a gift that you put yourself into!

“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.”
— Edward de Bono

No comments:

Post a Comment